Central America has some of the most beautiful beaches in the entire world. Between Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama, there are plenty of gorgeous beaches to enjoy an excellent vacation. If you have the opportunity to travel there, you should try to visit some Central American beaches.
To help you prepare for your trip, here is a list of things you should bring along with you to visit Central American beaches.
- Sunblock: This is the most important thing to bring to the beach, since it is essential to protect your skin from the sun. You should take sunblock for both face and body. It is recommended to use one with SPF (Solar Protection Factor) of at least 50 and that protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Additionally, you can use solar protection for lips.
- A large beach bag: a large bag that is water-resistant is very practical for carrying your belongings at the beach. Try to get a bag that doesn’t easily get sand stuck to it.
- Hat or cap: Bringing a hat or a cap will allow additional sun protection to your face and neck area. The larger the hat, the more protected you will be.
- Sunglasses: Protect your eyes from the sun with sunglasses. Make sure they protect against UV rays.
- After-sun lotion or gel: It’s important to take care of and re-hydrate your skin after being in the sun. These products will help to nourish and sooth your skin. Products containing aloe vera are very good at relieving sunburns.
- Flip-flops: These are very comfortable for walking on the beach when the sand gets hotter. Additionally, they will keep your feet fresh.
- Water: Hydration is very important when spending time under the sun. For this reason, it is essential to drink water at the beach.
- Fresh clothes: the beaches in Central America are typically hot all day, so bringing fresh clothes provides more comfort.
- Something for entertainment. It is always a good idea to bring along some book, magazine, cell phone, music player, etc. for entertainment on the beach.
- Something to snack on: It’s always handy to have something to eat. Sliced fruit is a good choice, since they are healthy and will help keep you hydrated.
We hope that these tips will help during your next trip to the Central American beaches. In case of an emergency during your trip, International Touristic Medical Service will be ready to assist you!